Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Omakase at Toshi Sushi part 1

It's been 2 short/long (however you look at it) years since Jerry and I started dating.  To celebrate, we ate copious amounts of sea creatures.

We started off with this lovely presentation.

Baby oyster.  I even ate the onions. 

Slightly seared tuna

Baby squid

Some kind of tart salad which I ate and then forgot to take a picture of.

Various nigiri.  A little bit of wasabi was tucked in between the rice and the fish.  Yum.  Speaking of which, the wasibi was freshly grated!

Jerry is a sushi snob now.

Chef Toshi

I love Japanese sushi chefs.  They are so funny!

I loved, loved, loved this.  Miso cod.  SO GOOD.

Slightly seared scallops and salmon with foie gras.  SO GOOOOOD.

Again, here's my favorite!!  I just want hunk of fish over a big bowl of rice.  My idea of comfort food is claypot catfish over a bowl of rice, and this comes in a close second!

That's only half of our meal- stay tuned for the other half!

2 comments:

Flabbergasted said...

Wow, that looks so good. My mouth is watering!!!

Jeannie said...

when u guys come back to LA we'll take you there! only $44 pp for omakase, what a steal!