It really does seem far away, doesn't it? But I know the big day will come faster than I realize, so it's onto phase 2 of planning, the ideas and the details. (Phase 1 was booking all the vendors, which I will get back to. Eventually.)
So apparently, everyone is really curious as to what our colors are. I don't really know why. However, I'm curious about other ppl's wedding colors too. And I don't know why I care. I mean, it's just colors.
I spoke too soon. Just colors? Having colors is the best thing ever!! It decreases the amt of thinking that I have to do. It's awesome. Once you decide your colors, pretty much everything is narrowed down for you. Bridesmaid dresses? Check. Groomsmen's ties? Check. Flowers? Check. Envelope liners? Check. Lanterns? Check. I could go on. The point is, once you decide on your colors, instead of looking at ALL the dresses, u can narrow by color! Instead of looking at a rainbow of flowers, you can just focus on a few select hues. And that has really helped to not overwhelm me in the process so far.
Okay, so that's the easy part. The hard part was actually deciding on what colors I wanted. There are so many GORGEOUS color combos out there.
Red and aqua:
However, years of my mom shoving red down my throat as a "lucky" color has scarred me from using it voluntarily. (Our venue has some nice red architecture, which will inevitably show up in pictures, but I'm not going to be bridezilla about it or anything. I'll just freak out about what I can control. :) )
Dove grey and yellow:
via Tres Chic Bride
This is so dreamy! However, I knew my mom would say that grey was too "sad", and yellow is a terrible color on Asian skin. So I will admire from afar.
Green and purple:
Proof that purple and green don't necessarily have to be associated with Barney! In fact I think purple and green was one of my BM's color schemes as well and it was beautiful!
Blue and orange:
Anyhoo, I have loved the blue and orange combo long before I even met Jerry, but I wasn't quite sure what shades I wanted. I have seen very vibrant weddings that used bright and baby blues and oranges, but I also loved jewel tones. For a while, I considered changing the blue to plum, but I couldn't quite commit. It was too moody.
via COLOURlovers
By the way, I love COLOURlovers. It's such a fun site to experiment! Anyhoo, so I played around some more and came up with this:
via COLOURlovers
It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but I was getting there. I think I wanted a more brighter blue and a more subdued orange. Also, I didn't mean for the silver to look so grey and dark.
Here's an example of an inspiration board with similar colors:
via Charm City Bride
via Bridal Buds
So, I played around with the settings some more, and I think I'm pretty happy with this result. Introducing our colors: sapphire/cobalt/blueberryish blue, light orange, cream, and silver.
via COLOURlovers
I definitely wanted to stay away from baby blue or too bright blue. I also wanted to avoid Sunkist orange. I haven't found an inspiration board that quite encompasses these colors So now I am scouring the internet and the stores for anything that are these colors. Except I already broke the color trend and bought something that is decidedly NOT any those colors haha. Stay tuned to find out what it was!









3 comments:
These colors are so pretty to the eyes. I just never thought they would go together. I can't wait to see your final color scheme.
i know what it is!
i don't know what it is, but i have a good guess =D
Post a Comment