Home Depot has reasonably priced trees.
They smell lovely!
Gotta load them on the cart
Lines weren't too long, we had fun watching other families pick out trees.
Tree needs to be trimmed and prepped
Assembly line style
Jer said that when buying a real tree look for one with a hefty trunk. It'll be trimmed later, but best to buy one that is big in the first place!
For easy transport
That "tree skirt" is really a vinyl tablecloth from the 99 cent store. Waterproof, yeah!
Slowly opening up
I bought all my xmas decorations after xmas last year, so they were massively on sale.
I forgot to buy hooks, and I was too lazy to go out, so we used paperclips. Does the trick!
So pretty! :)
I love clear ornaments with stuff inside. After xmas I'm going to find clear fill-able ornaments on sale and fill them up with cute stuff! I'm thinking about making an ornament for every year.
I need to figure out how to show bokeh on the tree.
For those of you who are curious, this is the tree I had growing up.
I still decorate it for my parents every year. Same ornaments too! While new things are nice, I also embrace some traditions that haven't changed. :)
Happy holidays!
2 comments:
I really like your tree! I love how you decorate it. So pretty and evenly organized. Makes me want to get one too, but maybe another year.
Thanks Thu! Buy all your ornaments after xmas this year, and you'll be set for next year! It's hard to not be able to use the stuff for 11 months, but you save so much money! :)
Post a Comment