Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Weekend 2009 part 2

My wknd of gluttony and games continued Friday night after work:

I love having friends who like to cook!  We attended yet another potluck at Cams and Chris' place.  What I loved most about this potluck was that almost nothing was store bought.  (Except for the Kings Hawaiian rolls.)  I've been to so many potlucks where ppl bring store bought desserts from a place like Ralphs, icky.  The worse item I have ever seen at a potluck was cut up oranges.  Yeah, you read that right.  Who in their right mind brings up cut up oranges to a potluck?

We even had home made chili!

No dinner at Cams is complete without some MJ.  I love playing this game!! I really want to buy my own set hehe.  Can we register for it? Lol.


The next day, we had dim sum at Elite.  The wait wasn't as bad this time, maybe 25 min.  Better than 40 min last time.

Again so much food!  The person sitting in the background to the right?  Our dining companion from the previous night!  So random.  Cam and I gushed about Elite so she took her parents there the very next day. 
The only thing I was disappointed about was that they ran out of my favorite chicken pastry dish and the egg tarts. :(  Next time, gotta go earlier.


Okay, I'm not done eating yet. 

A mere few hours later, we went to ANOTHER potluck, this time hosted by one of my BMs Jenta & her bf Ainsley.



Played more taboo.  This taboo set was way more update- "wikipedia" was in there!

All in all, it was a great wknd of family, friends, food and fun.  But it really took a toll on my body and I haven't recovered since.  But it was worth it :)  I've got a couple weeks before the next rush of holiday festivities so time to rest now!

2 comments:

T.P. said...

I love all these festivities of food and games. I really like Elite as a dim sum place, but the wait is always a pain in the butt!

Jeannie said...

Yeah the wait is LOUSY. And if you go after 1pm, the wait is better, but they sell out of food! Grrrr