Before I was engaged:
The second an engagement was announced:
Me: "Omg!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! When's the date? Where are you getting married? What are your colors??? Where are you going for your honeymoon?!?!"
via istockphoto
Engaged friend:
via istockphoto
When I got engaged:
Friends: "Omg!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you! When's the date? Where are you getting married? What are your colors??? Where are you going for your honeymoon?!?!"
Me:
via istockphoto
Now that I'm engaged:
The second an engagement was announced:
Me: "Omg!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you!"
Engaged friend: "Thanks!!!!"
I didn't realize how overwhelming those questions were to my engaged friends at the time until I went through it myself. As soon as we got engaged, left and right people were asking us questions that even now, nearly 5 months later, we still don't know the answer to. I mean, I think I spent the first 2 weeks just staring at my finger, researching vendors wasn't even on my mind yet!
No matter how un-surprising or surprising an engagement is, there is always a period of soaking up the actual experience, and reliving the moment over and over and pinching yourself that it actually happened. It's a really happy time that doesn't have to be hurried by thoughts of budgets and types of bouquets. Nothing has to be planned or decided upon in that moment.
So I'll refrain from playing 20 Questions until the bride-to-be has had time to soak it all in.
The next day:
Me: "When's the date? Where are you getting married? What are your colors??? Where are you going for your honeymoon?!?!"
Just kidding! I'll wait a week. :) And then I will unleash my spreadsheets on the poor engaged sucker!! Muahahahha. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment