Even though I'm in a perfectly wonderful relationship, lately I've been drawn to songs that are kinda...depressing? Maybe I like them because the music is upbeat? I usually like songs b/c I can identify with them, but not in these cases, haha.
Anyhoo, I'm currently listening to:
"You Don't Know Me" by Ben Folds ft. Regina Spektor
If I'm the person that you think I am (Ah ah ahh)//Clueless chump you seem to think I am (Ah ah ahhh)//So easily led astray, //An errant dog who occasionally escapes and needs a shorter leash, then //Why the fuck would you want me back?!
Was a recommendation that popped up in my google reader. I love it! Even though it's not the happiest song. Hehe. I love their collaboration.
"Fell In Love Without You" by Motion City Soundtrack
Last night I fell in love without you//The stars at night aren't as big and bright//As you make them out to be//Every aching wound will cauterize and bruise//In memory of what we used to call in love
Was watching Gossip Girl when this song came on. Spent forever googling it to figure out what it was. The acoustic version is better.
"Love Story" by Taylor Swift
So I sneak out to the garden to see you //We keep quiet cause we're dead if they knew//So close your eyes//Escape this town for a little while//Cause you were Romeo I was a scarlet letter//and my daddy said stay away from Juliet
This was also in my google reader. Okay it's not super depressing but this part of the lyrics is! I can imagine this song being part of a soundtrack for a movie though.
But these songs make me happy b/c they're catchy! I don't listen to the lyrics half the time anyway, haha. Love songs tend to be super sappy and fake though. If I had a choice, Bleed It Out would be on our wedding soundtrack but even Jer vetoed it, haha. I guess I'll have to continue keeping an ear out for songs with "appropriate" lyrics. I have some songs in mind but they're kinda hard to dance to. Linkin Park needs to come out with a semi lovey dovey song that we can jump up and down to! Then I wouldn't have to settle for something cheesy and typical like "Eternal Flame" or "At Last." Hahahaha. But I think Chester's gonna be angry forever. Hehe.
1 comment:
Tiff wants to dance to Save the Last Dance for Me. I like Wonderful Tonight.
Post a Comment