Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Words Cannot Describe How I Feel...


October 2005

June 2007

...But I'm going to try.

Liberated. Relieved. Happy. Unrestricted. Free. Wow. Different. Weird. Empty space. Blank canvas. Etc. Etc. Etc.

Top five reasons why I'm glad to have a braces free smile:
5. Kissing will be better, says coworker
4. Flossing is faster and easier!
3. I don't look like I'm in high school anymore.
2. I don't have to endure jokes from coworkers: "Jeannie is still eating her lunch two hours later."
1. No more pain!!! When they extracted 4 of my teeth I was so scared. When I got the bill I wanted to run away but realized that I had 4 holes in my mouth so I had no choice but to follow through with the whole process. When they put spacers IN BETWEEN MY TEETH it hurt so bad I cried that night. When I got bands for the first time I could barely open my jaw, much less chew a thing.

But it was worth it. =D


Bye bye braces! Hyobin, how can you draw me now??

7 comments:

Christina :) said...

Congratulations! Now don't neglect your retainer! I'm so glad I got to be the first to see you (well outside of coworkers). The Beard Papas people probably wondered why I took a dozen pictures of you. Hahaha. But your smile looks grrrrrrreat! :D Didn't the Philippine mangoes taste esp gooooood? :D

Regina said...

Look at that beautiful smile! You look gorgeous!!! =D

Bini said...

I don't know... round face and small eyes? will not forget big smile!

Anonymous said...

congrats for taking them off!!! don't forget your retainers or you'll be sorry :-P

Nick Lai said...

braces free jeannie!!! now all food can be enjoyable!! =D (I'm working on ID'ing flowers by the way)

David said...

Congratz, you do have a very beautiful smile. Have you gotten around to eating every gooey and sticky type of candy that you couldn’t eat while wearing braces?

Susan said...

omg, you look fantastic! I admire how you can post pics of yourself when you first got those braces on. Fearless!