I've driven down Garvey hundreds of times and every time I see this restaurant I think about maybe going there one day. I do that for a lot of things actually...the roach coach by Peck/Rush, Chau's Kitchen on Valley/Del Mar, Hurry Curry on Sawtelle (I always go to Curry House!), etc. Wait never mind I have been to Hurry Curry once but you get my point!
Anyhoo, so Christina found out that the restaurant we were sposed to go to was closed on Tuesdays (boo) so we ended up at China Islamic Restaurant.
Beef Noodle soup with dough noodles- The beef was too stringy for me but I liked the noodles.
Ox tripe with cucumber salad. You know how "adventurous" dishes can be hit or miss? This was definitely a miss! >_<. I mean, I like tripe. I like cucumber. I like sesame. But they didn't taste good together! I think it was all the brown sauce, gross! The first few bites were okay but after that I could not touch it anymore! The sauce killed everything! Maybe I ordered the wrong thing, I should have read websites prior to visiting for recommendations. Oh well.
So I ended up eating this sesame thin bread with green onion. It was okay except I got tired of eating it, the portions were huge!
Yes I ate green onion! Well some, I picked the rest out. :P
So we were looking at the menu, trying to figure out what made the food "Islamic" because everything on the menu sounded Chinesey. We learned the whole "no pork" part is what made it "Islamic", hehe. I decided to wiki Chinese Islamic food to learn more. I'm too lazy to type so read it yourself.
China Islamic Restaurant
7727 Garvey Ave
Rosemead, CA 91770
626.288.4246
I dunno if I'll come back. Prolly not. :)
3 comments:
Chau's Kitchen is teo chew/trieu chau food. Guess who took me there :P We need to make a list of new types of food to try. There's so many! Maybe we can try cooking some of them!
Ooo..the bread looks good. It reminds me of Indian bread, Naan. That stuff is delish!
Ah Islamic Chinese food. There's one up here too, called Old Islamic Mandarin. It's essentially Chinese food, but yes, no pork, no alcohol. Lots of delicious lamb dishes and famous for their it-will-kill-you-spicy soup bases.
Post a Comment