If I won the lottery?
The most recent Megamillions jackpot has probably inserted this question in many folks minds. It certainly has in mine! By the way, we got 3 out of the 6 numbers last night. So we won 7 bucks...or errr we lost 13 :) If we had played the LOST numbers, we would have won $150. Besides the obvious splurging of consumer products, this is what came to my mind.
What would change:
I'd keep two homes, one in LA, one up north so that we'd always have our own place to stay wherever we are. And the kitchens in both houses would be pimped out to the max.
I'd help out more with my younger relatives' college funds (on the condition they work at least one crappy service job- none of those fancy "internships" where they don't learn the value of hard work)
I'd donate a ton of money to our LA library system, and any school/workplace that I've been associated with, you get the idea.
I'd build up a killer spice/seasonings collection, like real vanilla beans and diff kinds of sea salt! Can you imagine always cooking with the best spices and flavorings? What a luxury! For now I'll have to do with rationing my precious jar of vanilla paste from Spice Station, and the Costco sized bottle of vanilla extract.
I would treat my family and friends to fun vacations!
We probably wouldn't work full-time anymore.
We'd buy a shiba inu, husky, AND a red lab! And we'd hire someone to teach us how to take care of our dogs.
I would pay someone else to hem my pants. It's my least favorite sewing chore.
I'd buy the best and most luxurious bath towels out there.
I would fly first class on international trips, or buy the seat next to me. I'd probably still sleep crappy, but at least I wouldn't have to sit next to a super smelly or fat person.
What would not change:
We'd still make our kids work shit service jobs in HS/college. I worked in the student store in HS filling up cup of noodles and I changed rat cages in college. Jerry made McDonalds french fries in HS and pushed Food 4 Less shopping carts back to the front in college. We worked crappy jobs then so that when we got our real jobs now, we'd have a sense of appreciation and reality.
We'd still cook at home most days.
I'd still eat $1 hole in the wall tacos. Just because I'm $350 million dollars richer doesn't mean that a $12 white man fancy version of a taco is going to taste better.
I'd still borrow DVDs from the library. Most movies are not worth owning or watching in the theaters, no matter how much money or space you have.
I would still fly southwest to/from LAX to SJC/OAK. It's the most efficient airline for that type of travel! Time = money.
I still wouldn't pay someone to raise our kids. And I wouldn't pay someone to do our kids' chores.
I guess I still would have to wear contact lenses. Boo, there are just some things money can't buy.
My list is infinite, but the above things are what came to mind. What's on yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment