Monday, January 10, 2011

Not My (Work)Week

Recently:
My laptop was locked up during shutdown, so I had to wait until the ED showed up so she could unlock it.  I show up at work about an hour before anyone else does.  Luckily, we have remote access and desktops for general use that weren't locked up, so I was able to get some work done while I waited.

The cleaning people are pretty random- sometimes they'll do a super cleaning where they throw stuff away on my desk that I didn't really want/need them to, and other times the trash doesn't even get emptied.  So once in a while, random doors in our office will be closed after they vacuum (which is also randomly done).  And my door happens to be the only office with a lock.  So when they closed our doors, they accidentally locked mine!  And no one had a key.  So I had to wait until our admin person came in so we could look up the phone number for the bldg management. 

We recently got a new all-in-one printer/copier/scanner/fax.  No one could print for a day.  After they were able to, I still couldn't print.
I tried to manually install the printer but the matching printer driver didn't show up.  Finally I asked our tech people to do it for me remotely.  Since I had a big print job to do and they couldn't get to it right away, I found a flash drive in my purse and just used my co-worker's comp to print for the time being.

I tried to fax something to myself and I wasn't even in the directory. Boo.  Need to take care of that too.

Man, it's like someone is telling me that I'm not needed at work :P

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

I find it frustrating to be new at work (which has been the case for the last 3 years). I don't know where to find things. Yesterday, the restroom I go to was closed & since I didn't know where the next nearest one was, I ended up holding it for over 6 hours! Hopefully, you can just call this a rough start and once you've been there for awhile & get comfortable, these kinds of things will be rare.