I brought along a Scrabble set as a prop potential, and our awesome photographer found the perfect rustic picnic table for this layout!
There's a lot of fake kissing, and this one is one of my favorites!
I knew that I wanted to include some reading material as props- reading is one of our favorite pastimes. Friends who grew up with me know that I'm obsessed with Nancy Drew books, so I had to incorporate that somehow!
The blanket we're lying on has been in my family for a few decades- it was made in Vietnam. The other side consists of colorful squares quilted together, but it was too busy for the shots, so we flipped it over.
We were thinking about doing this shot on the bare grass, but I didn't want to get grass stains on myself! But if I ever do a trash the dress session, I'd want this shot again! I love it how it's composed!
Hmm I can't decide if I like this color version or the above BW better!
We love board games, especially Scrabble, so I'm glad I remembered to pull this out of the game shelf right before we left! I got the idea of "I Do" and "I Do Too" from their shirts. If you haven't voted yet, please take some time to vote- there's about a week left! Such a touching story...
I love this shot even more b/c we're out of focus. So many possibilities!
I was trying to get Jerry to laugh. It worked!
Again, I love the composition of this shot.
Yes, I jumped on the balloon bandwagon!
I almost wish that fence wasn't in the way...but I guess it makes the shot more interesting. Either way it was fun to have the balloon!
Then we headed over to the Observatory- my first visit since 5th grade!
We didn't even go inside haha, there was already so much potential outdoors!
We made the kite the night before. And it broke while we took these shots. But it was SO worth it, b/c I love how this turned out!!
Another one of our hobbies is photography. Jerry came up with this idea to have our photog take pictures of him taking pictures of me. I really like the post processing on this photo- this is what separates the amateurs (us) from the pros (him).
I'm a huge fan of feet pictures- we take them every so often when we're at a new place. I think I want to incorporate them into the wedding somehow, I have a couple of ideas floating in my head.
I wanted to wait until it was darker so the sign would light up! The blurred part of us was intentional- I'm a big fan of "action" shots.Did I mention how much I love bokeh!! Once the sun set we were able to get these lovely shots!
I don't even remember taking this shot! This was one of the last of the session so that's probably why- it was getting cold and windy, and we were hungry!
I've got lots to share about our experience, so hopefully I'll get time to write some more soon. Thanks for reading!
























3 comments:
Should have shared sooner, I just finished the shoot for Liz's sister =P
PICS ARE OH SOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!
Wow! Jeannie! These pictures are absolutely beautiful! I love how most if not all of these shots were ideas that you already had in mind. So much of your relationship shows up in your pictures, which makes them so natural, special, and personal. LOVE IT!!!!
And needless to say, you look gorgeous. Great make up!
You guys are SO cute!
Post a Comment