How did I go through the first 23.5 years of my life without eating risotto?
I have had: paella, pilaf, congee/porridge, fried rice, jambalaya, etc but how could I have not eaten risotto?
There you go folks! I can't take any credit for this display of yummy cooking though. :D
Let's see...what was in it? Italian rice, butter, white wine, olive oil, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, pasta oil, more butter, chicken broth, garlic and salt. I ate garlic! I couldn't even tell! I bet if you put onions in there I would have eaten it too. :P Next time we put bacon!
It was creamy...but in such a hearty and mouth watering way. The rice was cooked just right- definitely not to the point of being soggy. The mushrooms and sundried tomatoes added a punch of flavor to each mouthful of rice. Omg it was soooooooooooooooooooo good. I want more.
Ready to eat...along with white wine and sourdough bread. And cheeeeese for Nikolaj. None for me...I'm not there yet!
Homemade chocolate dipped strawberries to end a lovely meal
I'm so lame:
"Ooh where'd you buy 'em?!"
"Uhhh...I MADE them."
Whoops. Thanks =D
Anyhoo, yay for expanding my palate and trying new foods. :D It's so nice to eat in. Can't wait to do it again...my turn to cook next!
2 comments:
im glad youre trying new things. yay risotto. are you planning to learn how to make it? the chocolate covered strawberries look very delish! :D
How funny! The day you msged me about risotto, I was planning on making an asparagus and mushroom risotto the same night! Mmmm, it was delish. Cheers to tasty meals :)
Post a Comment