Things we like to do:
Eat
Pull pranks on coworkers
Eat
Serenade coworkers with Chinese songs
Eat
This weekend we went to Sacramento for work. Because we were starving, we went to the first restaurant we saw:
Lucca Restaurant
1615 J St.
Sacramento, CA 95814
This is stuffed acorn squash with a bunch of crap in it. I went to the online menu to look for the real name but for some reason it's not there. Anyways, there's fat chewy rice, carrots, some green veggies with funky names, and some kind of garlicky hazelnut sauce. It was...HEALTHY! I was proud of myself for not gorging on meat. But I don't think I want to eat squash for a long time.
Ooh, I just called the restaurant. They read the menu for me, hehe. It's called:
"Roasted acorn squash with braised farro, swiss chard, arugula, and hazelnut pesto."
Braised farro = fat chewy rice
Swiss chard = green veggie #1
Arugula = green veggie #2 (I think they substituted carrots for this)
Hazelnut pesto = garlicky hazelnut sauce
Then we walked a zillion blocks for cake:
Rick's Dessert Diner
2322 K St
Sacramento, CA 95816
This, my friend, is an $8 slice of cake. A "lemon blueberry white chocolate tart"- "sweet pastry crust filled with white chocolate lemon mousse and stewed blueberries, covered with lemon curd, and whipped cream"- to be exact.
More evil sister adventures to come!
2 comments:
Nice lighting on your healthy dish there. =)
i love that first evil picture hahahaha :P
Post a Comment