7:15- Want to make a quick run to the ladies room. Was told that if I left my seat now, I wouldn't be allowed in for another 22 minutes. Blah.
7:18- Act I starts...and my jaw drops. "Dude, are they really naked?" Well, we were sitting in the nosebleeds; I couldn't tell!
7:19- Person in front of me has huge head. Can't see naked ppl!
7:31- So, are they gonna start singing yet? 'Cause the Venus sex scene is weirding me out...
7:42- There's subtitles? I gotta read? Wah.
8:10- 22 min intermission- I eat Phillipine Dried Mangos. Too lazy to wait in line to pee.
Act II
I took off my boots and propped my feet up. I stopped reading the subtitles. I really liked the scene when this guy was singing. Ate Yan Yan during 2nd intermission. It's already 10pm! I feel like I've been here for ages, haha. Still have yet to go pee.
Act III
I dozed off/stared at the ceiling/went ADD on Nikolaj. I already know how it ends, 'cause I read the nifty program.
The end.
Elia: "So, what did you think of it?"
me: "It was a bit long..."
Elia:"Oh? This is one of Wagner's shorter ones."
11:05- I take this pic
11:50- I finally answer nature's call!
Ok, so it wasn't that bad! I just have a horrible attn span and I am too uncultured to appreciate opera music. But great company really made a difference. I had fun because I got to try something new. Thanks Elia and Nikolaj!
3 comments:
Wow, that sounds pretty cultured! In a couple months, Carlos and I want to go to a ballet. I'll let you know how that goes =)
why does watching ballets sound just as equally boring as watching operas?
>_< although..nutcracker is pretty interesting...is that a ballet?? O_o
That's a racy last picture. Hahaha. I used to drive past the LA Music Center on my way home. Anyway, yeah you and subtitles doesn't seem like the best combination but I'm glad you enjoyed the middle part at least!
Post a Comment