Saturday, March 3, 2007

Philippe's, finally!



Why is it that I've been to Chinatown hundreds of times and yet I've never eaten at Philippe The Original French Dipped Sandwiches until tonight?

Must be the same reason why I lived 4 blocks away from the Hammer museum and passed it everyday and yet never went there during the FOUR years I spent at UCLA.

Or the same reason why I've lived in El Monte for over 14 years and I didn't eat at King Taco until LAST YEAR.

Nah, I don't really know the reason. I'm just silly like that :D



Some tips:
1. Plenty of FREE parking: enter from Alameda, left on Ord, left or right into lots/enter from Spring, right on Ord, same deal.
2. Loooooooooooong lines inside. Definitely know what you want when it's your turn to order.
3. Look at my puny sweet pickle! It was yummy though.
4. I thought that mine had a bit too much meat. The guys wolfed down their sandwiches in like 2 min, so maybe it wasn't enough meat for them. The beef was okay, next time I want to try pork. I think I prefer The Hat's Pastrami Dip though.
5. Coffee was 9 cents! I don't drink coffee but to a coffee lover that must be quite a deal!
6. There's rooms upstairs too! (But we didn't get to go, next time I want to come back and explore.)

I want to go back! Mostly because we stood in line for over 15 min and ate in under 5 min so I didn't get to enjoy my meal. Also, there's some side dishes/desserts that I didn't get to try!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Mmm...the Hat...

Christina :) said...

Why did you have to eat so fast? Hahaha. I also never went to the Fowler Museum. Dang, if only I could go back to college... I would have taken advantage of the resources. But I'm pretty happy where I am so I can't complain :)