Podcasts- Jerry had been listening to podcasts (mostly sports related) for ages now but I barely got on the bandwagon until recently. Now I'm obsessed with finding all sorts of podcasts! My favorites to watch on the iPad are Mark Bittman's NYT The Minimalist episodes and random fashion videos. I like video podcasts cus they are short and sweet, I can learn/indulge in all sorts of things in a matter of minutes! I also like listening to the iTunes Celebrity Playlist Podcast, it's where a celebrity will introduce snippets of songs they like. Definitely a great way to get introduced to new bands. NPR has some great listens as well, like Pop Culture Happy Hour. Podcasts have been super useful during the long train rides we've been taking, or when my video screen on the airplane doesn't work.
Downton Abbey- I saw the pilot episode for free on the iPad and now I want to watch the entire seasons when I get back! It's so good!
Without You by David Guetta featuring Usher- okay I know this song is old but I can't stop listening to it. I also like the music video! Rio looks so pretty in the background!
On a more superficial note I've been looking for a new overnight bag and I think I'm going to go with Longchamp for the lightweight factor. Pretty much everyone around the world has the nylon Le Pliage bag which comes in multiple colors and sizes. I was going to go with that one until I found out that a new version came out this spring called the Cuir, it's all leather and has some nice buttery looking colors as well. So I've been obsessed with reading reviews to see if it's really worth it. It's been over 2.5 years since I last bought eye candy for my shoulder so why not in Europe, where prices are relatively cheap/comparable to the states, AND I get VAT back? We also specifically planned to be in Paris during Soldes, so hopefully I'll like the stock available! FYI, sales in France are strictly regulated and are only available twice a year during Jan/Feb and June/July, so pretty much this is when the Parisienne chic stocks up their wardrobe. A far cry from home where sales happen all the time, we're spoiled!
Watermelon. We've been eating it nonstop in Spain! Our place in Barcelona has a generous sized kitchen so we bought a whole watermelon from a local market and finished it in less than a day. I think we might get another one tonight!

No comments:
Post a Comment