Monday, June 18, 2012

My Travel Tunes

Sometimes I relish long train rides and road trips because I can listen to music without much interruption. At home I'll put on a playlist but then I'll get distracted by something else. On a semi related note, our hotel in Madrid had speakers in the bathroom so I had Jerry play DJ with the radio unit in our room. Now I want one for our home as well! So much fun to sing in the shower. It really is the little things in life :)

So here's some songs that have really been our travel anthems, or call it what you will.

Bruno Mars- The Lazy Song
Our Machu Picchu hiking group sang this song in our van ride back, and it was the perfect thing to belt at the top of our lungs after a 4 day hike. So many happy memories :)

Without You- David Guetta feat Usher
I know this song came out last year but I still can't get enough of it. The video makes me nostalgic for Rio. I think Rio is one of the most beautiful cities ever.

One Republic- Good Life
We listened to this song a lot in anticipation of our trip earlier this year. Love the lyrics!

Enrique Iglesias- Escape and Don't Turn Off the Lights
Jerry and I spent a full day in Jordan pretty much watching MTV non stop. One of the shows was entirely on Enrique. It was quite fitting as we were on our way to Spain the next day which is where he's from. Then we proceeded to play those two songs on repeat on Jerry's phone.

And here's my top 25 of songs played on my iPhone. Can you tell I am sort of obsessed with Lady Antebellum? And that I like the different versions of the same song? :) Ahhh I love music! I am excited to also go home and listen to the music that I've discovered while traveling. Thank goodness for Shazam and Soundhound!

No comments: