We're in the homestretch of our trip- Europe! Landed in Spain a couple days ago from Jordan. Hard to believe that we're coming home in about 1.5 months. Time really flies.
While this trip has been everything and more, I'm also looking forward to coming home and starting a new life in the bay area with Jerry.
Other things I look forward to:
Checking out books from the library
Cooking in our own kitchen
Hanging out with family and friends
Typing on a real keyboard
American TV
Not being at the mercy of public transportation
Eating homemade salads (I feel like restaurant salads costs more than meat in many places around the world!)
Going on a fat ass refrigerator stocking trip at Trader Joes and Costco
Decorating and pimping our new house
Bumming it on the couch and watching the Olympics!
And bringing our puppy home!!
This trip is an ultimate experience, but what makes it special for me is that eventually it will end and it'll be time to move on. For example, you think back to the dorms and how fun it was, but you wouldn't want to be bunking it with a bunch of undergrads now, right? So that's how I feel about traveling personally. We're not cut out to be indefinite travelers. We crave the life we created at home and can't wait to move on to the next stage.
Howeverrrr since we're in Europe, I'm going to embrace the chill lifestyle (siestas, love it!), decent exchange rate, and tasty bakeries for the remainder of time that we have left :)
I'm incredibly happy, relaxed, and at peace right now. Kind of like this elephant!

2 comments:
Don't knock the dorms! That's how we met after all. When are you back? Maybe a month or so after, once you're settled in, I can come visit and celebrate your birthday! I think I might come up for a baby shower so that could be a possibility. We can coordinate later.
Yay my first visitor! I'll be in LA shortly after we get back and then we'll work on getting the house ready. Looking forward to seeing you multiple times this summer!
Post a Comment