Monday, June 18, 2012

One Month and I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything...At All

We've got one month to go! Crazy. We are pretty much ready to go home next month. Right now I am really just try to soak everything in. I am glad we picked Europe to finish our our trip. Our original plan was to do South America last...so glad it didn't work out that way. I can't imagine doing Machu Picchu right now, in the words of Bruno Mars, I don't feel like doing anything...nothing at all!

Europe has been treating us so well. Spain turned out to be one of my favorite countries so far, and we've had a blast visiting my family in Berlin. My last visit to Germany was 2001, so I met my cousin's kids that hadn't been born yet at the time! We only met the kiddos 5 days ago, but we completely bonded and already love each other so much. Despite the language barrier we had tons of fun just playing random games. Jerry and I also watched the most soccer we ever have during our time in Berlin, I had no idea my family was such huge fans! I also think it's hilarious that they gamble on games as well. In fact we got so caught up cheering for Germany that we saw last night's game from our hotel room in Prague. It was sad to leave my Berlin cousins yesterday but we had to move onto Prague as our next European leg. However in a few days we'll be bound for Heidelberg where my other cousins live! Yay for double family time.

So after Prague and Heidelberg we've got Paris!, Amsterdam, and London. We might throw in a side trip or two, we'll see how ambitious we feel like being. Jerry has a friend in Copenhagen, but we might have to save the Nordic countries for another time. Otherwise I feel perfectly content just doing nothing but soaking in the atmosphere of wherever we're at!

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

Yay Spain! I love it too. Can't wait to go back. I'm glad you got to see family. I'm sure it has been a nice break from feeling like such a traveler. :)