Monday, November 8, 2010

Toronto 2010, Part 1

I have a special spot for Toronto- I have family there and have visited quite often, 5 times to be exact!  For my 6th visit, I was really excited to have Jerry accompany me for various reasons.  One- to meet my "Torontonian" relatives, two- to introduce him to yummy eats.  I was even able to accomplish three- explore new places.  Here's a bunch of collages from our trip!

I jumped on a BOGO Virgin America promo.  Only $500RT for 2 people, sweet!
My cousins B+M always have a dog or 5 around.  Since there's 2 kids in the house now, they gave one puppy away to a cousin and the other stays at the parent's house.  Baby is the momma of all those puppies!
This is my cousins' fave joint for no frills family meals.  It reminds of Rice Things in Redondo Beach, our personal fave go-to for Japanese fast food.
Many strange things for sale...only in Canada!
My first time at this lake-front park.  It was so cute!
I love swings!
Jerry's first time at Niagara Falls.  I've been to both sides, and the Canada side > the US side.

Every time it really catches my breath away.  A must-see!
A totally cliche thing to do, but we had to do it!  Funny story- the candy bar Jerry is holding in the top right corner is courtesy of the Maid of the Mist "emergency" team.  See, on our way to the dock, we got stuck in the elevator for 20 minutes!  It wouldn't have been so bad if we weren't packed in like sardines, and if we didn't have my 70ish year old relative with us!  Although she was pretty tough though for her age.  She didn't even freak out or show any signs of stress.  But we did tell the person on the phone that we had a grandma in the elevator, so they really hauled ass to get us out of there, AND when we got out, we were greeted on the other side with candy, chips, and water.  Yay for Canadian hospitality aka yay for suing abatement haha.  Speaking of hospitality Jerry was really amazed at how nice Canadians were in general.  Even when he bumped into someone in Chinatown of all places, that person said sorry anyway!
We were able to get these pictures because our Nikon is waterproof-ish.  Meaning, you shouldn't really dunk it in water, but if it gets sprayed by I don't know, a HUGE waterfall or two, then it should be okay.  :)  We personally did not fare so well.  Despite my efforts to tighten the plastic hoodie over my head, my hair still got pretty wet.  And our shoes got soaked!  I remembered from my last time on Maid of the Mist that my feet got wet.  So this time, I packed our sandals.  Except I forgot them in the car.  So for anyone planning to go on MM, put away your shoes/socks and wear sandals! 
We went to a totally pimped out buffet for dinner.  I almost felt like I was in Vegas!  The food was just okay.  I was impressed by the many ice cream flavors though.  I HAD to try each one, except now I don't even remember which were good.

To be continued!

No comments: