Saturday, July 24, 2010

Recipe for Disaster

I made these today and they were pretty much a disaster.

Check out their results.
Check out mine.


I don't know what happened.  The only changes I made were to halve the recipe and to substitute in whole wheat flour for white flour.  I also used kosher salt instead of regular salt, and instead of fresh chives I used dried thyme and oregano.  Okay, maybe I should have stuck to the recipe...

Maybe my yeast is dead or something.  I knew something wasn't quite right when I checked a couple hours later and the dough hadn't doubled, but I decided to roll it out and bake it anyway just for the hell of it.  And so I could blog about it later.

1 comment:

T.P. said...

Oh no! I wanted to made those as well but I hate waiting for yeast to rise. Let me know if you will attempt again! I want to see how it turns out. =)