Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Newb

I'm no stranger to public transportation (have ridden the Metro, Metro Rail, BBB, and Culver City Bus extensively) but this commuter express thing is really make me feel like a newb:

First day of public transpo-ing it:
Parked at the opposite corner of the park n ride b/c I didn't know that the Commuter Express pick up is OUTSIDE of the station
Wandered around 7th/Fig b/c I couldn't find the Metro station.  Turns out it was the opposite corner from where I was standing
Got to work all sweaty
Wandered around the 7th/Metro Station b/c I couldn't find the Flower exit, so I went out on Hope
Comm Express was 15 min late
Got home all grumpy

Second day
Went to the wrong side of the park n ride AGAIN b/c I forgot that pick up is around the corner
Wandered around the 7th/Metro Station b/c I couldn't find the Flower exit, so I went out on Hope again
Missed my Commuter Express stop!  Jerry had to pick me up from the next stop 6 miles away, although ironically they are both equidistant from home.  Except my car was still at the park n ride.  So embarrassing.
Went home and cooked rib eye.  Cow cures all.

One of these days, I'm going to get it right.

No comments: