Thursday, July 29, 2010

Macaron Thank Yous

My bridal shower and bachelorette party (yet to be blogged about) were so fantastic that I wanted to do something a bit extra so I decided to give my ladies a couple of treats along with a thank you note!
I bought 2 dozen macarons from Paulette Macarons.  
I recommend ordering online b/c they run out of certain flavors as the day goes on.  I wasn't able to pick up my order until 45 min to closing, so thank goodness I pre-ordered!  I made the Thank You cards from an template I found online.  Since I was sending them to 11 girls..I had 2 left over for myself.  Score!
I ended up purchasing vanilla as the universal flavor for each girl, and then a fun flavor to round out the pair.  Believe me, it was HARD to not eat them all myself!
I wrapped each pair in wax paper and then sealed it with painter's tape.  
I added some foil for more padding and noted flavors on a post-it.
I was able to hand deliver to 5 of the ladies, but I had to mail the other 6.  I used padded envelopes from Staples and thankfully they remained relatively intact!

Everything took a bit of elbow grease to figure out, but it was well worth the effort.  It's a small, but tasty, extension of my thanks. :)

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

Thanks for the gift! It was so sweet & they were so yummy! :D