I had dinner with one of my bridesmaids (hi N!) and the conversation pretty much revolved around weddings. Her wedding. My wedding. Friends' weddings. Some day our conversations are going to revolve around the best brand of breastfeeding supplies or how to home remedy kid diarrhea so I think I'll savor the conversations we have now, even if they are a bit one dimensional and completely silly and girly.
We mainly talked details- what was important and what didn't matter, what the guests would notice and what they would be oblivious to. For some reason, I was oblivious to what wedding shoes she ended up wearing even though I was the receiving end of many shoe links throughout her search. 5 months after her wedding I bought my own wedding shoes, and guess what? They were her EXACT pair (oh yeah, I promised I'd show pics. Later. Swear.). Omg. How could I have not noticed? Another project that she set time aside to do were the petal cones. But since I wasn't sitting in an aisle seat...I didn't notice. Sad. I would have appreciated that little detail too! But she expressed to me that it was important to her and that she wanted to do it, even if not everyone noticed.
I think that's my sentiment too when it comes to planning our September shindig. There are so many details that I want to implement, and I know almost no one will notice or care...but I do! If there's any time to go all out on the dirty details, it should be now! So who cares if our site doesn't need extra lighting? I'm going to have lanterns and diy LED lights anyway! Sure it'll make my life easier if I don't cut all the 4x6 photo paper into strips...but I like how photobooth strips look! Who cares if our invites are letterpressed? But when the heck am I ever gonna letterpress anything ever again? So really, while the point of this wedding is to marry Jerry in front of family & friends...I think I'll take it as an opportunity to indulge in the details. :)
1 comment:
whew! When I started reading your entry, I thought to myself, "Oh no! I hope I haven't stressed her out!!" Let me know if you need help in any of the projects; you know how I love artsy stuff!
Post a Comment