For me, one of the downsides of spending so much time on the internet is finding out about really neat (or not, to some ppl) and random things and then being obsessed with it to the point where I'm sick of it by the time other people get obsessed. I have a pretty addictive personality- I'll find a song I like and listen to it 50 times in a row for a whole wk. And then I'm over it. (drives Jer crazy) And then that's when the radio will play it non stop. (Example- Kings of Leon "Use Somebody"- that song came out a year ago! When I radio surf, I'll hear it at least 3 or 4 times a day now!) It's totally all my fault for ruining things for myself :P
Examples:
Taylor Swift. I got into her music way back when she released her first album. The song "A Place in this World" was on repeat for weeks! I've blogged about her here, here, and here. I even went to her concert last spring. And now, people are finally liking her? After hating on her for so long? I know there are still ppl out there who pretend that they are too good for her music but the girl has sold over 10 million records and over 20 million downloads. What she may lack in talent (subjective) she makes up in business acumen (not subjective, the girl made like 20 million buckaroos in 2009). Anyways, I still like her but I am SO sick of the song Love Story. Officially over it. Going to avoid listening to it until I have the DJ play it at our wedding next year. Then maybe it will be fresh again haha.
Konami code: After I found out about it last month I proceeded to try it on a whole bunch of websites like my google reader and fb. What a way to kill a boring afternoon :P My favorite is the effect it has the southwest website! (try it!! cute!) Anyways, now I see it popping it all over fb. What took it so long to go semi-viral? I dunno.
Twitter: My friend introduced me to it summer of 08. Over 550 tweets later it's getting way too cluttered and annoying for my tastes. And people are just barely joining now? It's getting to be no fun anymore. And judging from my friend's lack of updates, I suspect she's over it now too :) You know who u are!!
Okay, so I need a new time suck:
Things I'm considering:
Getting on the Twilight bandwagon (books first then movies)
Trying out Google Wave (that thing is soooooo confusing though, does anyone have a clue on how to work it?)
Any artists I should be getting addicted to? (I have gone through the Regina Spektor, Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy, The Weepies, etc stage)
5 comments:
I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon last year. I really liked reading the books and couldn't stop until I finished everything. But I refuse to watch the movie.
It seems we have the same taste in music so I'll try to recommend some to you. Have you tried Vienna Teng? The Paper Raincoat? Kate Nash? Pete Yorn? Jenny Lewis? Damien Rice?
Thanks Thu for the recs- I've heard of everyone except for Kate Nash and The Paper Raincoat so I'll check them out! My Pandora was getting too boring :)
Also try out Lenka, Meiko, Jaymay, and Priscilla Ahn.
Hehe u really love the Hotel Cafe circuit huh!? :) It's like the indie Lilith Fair!
Yeah I do. They have a great bunch of singers. Also Maria Taylor & Katie Herzig (another one of Hotel Cafe singer)
Post a Comment