Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Kind of Halloween

So Halloween has never been a big deal for me due to my mom depriving me of dressing up and trick or treating as a kid. I don't even remember if I dressed up for school. Heck I have never even carved my own pumpkin. Hmm, maybe something else to add to my list.

The past Halloweens that come to mind are:
1. In college when my friends threw this crazy joint apartment roof party (a bunch of friends lived in diff apartments in the same bldg so they all got together to throw one huge party on the roof). I got so drunk that when the police came I thought they were in costume. =X
2. At AADAP when our team dressed up in 80s costumes. We also had a corn eating contest. That was so much fun! I miss celebrating holidays at AADAP.
3. In grad school I half assed dressed as a ladybug and went around downtown San Diego. Finally got into this coveted club called On Broadway, paid $20 cover, and then everyone got kicked out 15 minutes later. How fun. Then I spent the rest of the night in a hotel room with like 12 other people, watching ppl get increasingly drunk, gropey, and belligerent. Really classy. I couldn't WAIT to get home, I was so miserable.

So this past Halloween was memorable as well...and in a good way! I gathered a group of friends to go to Pierce College's Halloween Harvest and Fright Fair. For $25, we were able to do the regular corn maze, Creatures of the Corn (maze), and the Factory of Nightmares. The $25 included admission to the rest of grounds with ubiquitous attractions such as a pumpkin patch, petting zoo, food stands, games, and giant slides/moonbouncers etc. Jerry and I might turn it into an annual thing, we had such a good time!

The regular lot was full so we parked further and took a wagon/shuttle thingy.


Line was loooooong just to buy tix





Hehe. They are such a funny couple!

Creature of the Corn (maze). This was so scary and fun!!!

Non scary corn maze

It was sooo dark. Good thing there was a full moon!

That's Factory of Nightmares to the right. That was really well done!!

We couldn't get a pick at the top b/c other ppl were hogging it.



The Tongs eating corn and playing in the pumpkin patch


Hehe, this was so cute!

All in all, a really fun night out. Makes me rethink this Halloween thing...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of the best halloweens ever!

T.P. said...

Aww..I wish I could have made it. I have never been to a corn maze before. But this stupid application thing is taking too much time for me. Next year!

Jerry said...

Scary!