Brush
Humor
Climates
Skin in the winter
Mouths
Weddings
Wait, what? Weddings?! No way, there is no such thing as a dry wedding if you're under 30 and not Mormon. To some people, it is blasphemous to not serve some sort of spirit during our day of matrimony. I can already hear the choruses of "Who the f*** has a dry wedding?"
Well, we are!
Now hear me out- our reasons are two fold. I know some people can handle their alcohol. Unfortunately, there are ppl who think they can, but they really can't. And they end up puking or starting fights. No thanks! I've been to those kinds of weddings, not really fun to watch. Also, we don't drink ourselves and contrary to most Asian families, neither do ours. Jerry is allergic to everything except soju (I don't know why, you'll have to ask him) and I no longer really care for the taste or how it makes me feel the next day. I also really hate all wines except for ice wine and I would rather drink apple juice than champagne. I used to also like beer but now the smell makes me gag. Call me uncultured, but I honestly have reverted back the beverage palate of a 5 year old since grad school. And I'm fine with that. Although I am bordering on being more defensive as this paragraph goes on, huh? :P
Anyways just b/c we're not serving alcohol doesn't mean that we're going to be boring and offer only water and soda. As soon as I saw these beverage dispensers, I knew I had to replicate it for our wedding:

So pretty!! Currently we are researching what kind of beverage dispensers are on the market. Haven't made any decisions or purchases yet but I'll be sure to update when we do.
In the meantime, we're also thinking of ideas on what to fill these jugs up with.
So far our list includes: sweet tea, arnold palmer, strawberry lemonade, jamaica (juice made from hibiscus flowers), passion fruit green tea, etc. Five might be too many- we may narrow it down to 3 or 4 at the most. I'm very excited to serve our guests these treats at the wedding- let's hope we can execute it!
2 comments:
Very pretty!! Can I make a vote for Martinelli's? I love the idea of a dry wedding, but it would be nice to toast with a bubbly something. ;)
Otherwise, my other vote goes to an Arnold Palmer type drink... hahah can I get two votes? =D
I'm biased since I don't drink either, but I like the idea!
Post a Comment