Sunday, October 5, 2008

Thai Boom

Lately I've been a little tired of Korean food and I don't crave it as much, so we tried out a Thai restaurant on Venice. Since we don't eat out much (cooking is faster and cheaper) I haven't really taken advantage of living so close to a diverse row of restaurants all along Venice. I say eating in is faster and cheaper b/c you gotta decide where to eat, then you gotta get there, park, wait for a table, decide what you want, order, wait for your food, eat, pay, and then you gotta drive home. And it's almost always more expensive to eat out when you could gather the ingredients to make them yourself. But there are times when you can't make certain foods as tasty, and that is why I don't mind paying for meals that I can't cook myself. :) The worst is when you order something that you can make better! But I really don 't understand people who make excuses about not cooking when they come home from work because they don't have enough time and they get home too late. It's probably because they can't cook! They only time I can think of eating out being faster than cooking is if someone eats fast food all the time but that is gross and unhealthy! Anyways, I digress.

So we went to Thai Boom and I got my usual duck curry and he got his usual pineapple fried rice.

A bit overseasoned but I still liked it


This was SO GOOD. I got SO MUCH duck!! Usually most places skimp on the duck. I was so happy I had enough left over for a second meal. I think if Jer didn't pick off my plate I would have had enough for a 3rd meal. How's that for stretching 8 bucks? Hehe.


This was the coconut ice cream, but sans the sticky rice. It was the perfect treat to end a yummy meal.


Thai Boom
10863 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90034
310.842.8291

They are pretty busy (we went on a Friday night), so grab a menu and browse before you are seated! The restaurant itself is quite small.

Yeah we're romantical dorks.

Speaking of Thai restaurants, don't eat here:
Spices Thai Cafe
6785 Mira Mesa Blvd Ste 143
San Diego, CA 92121
We stopped by for a quick bite to eat on our way to the air show and it was the worse Thai food I've ever had! The pad thai was gross. It's weird b/c I used to come here with my ex and I remember liking the food a lot! But I would never come back here again, ever! If a restaurant can't do pad thai properly...that's just sad. Oh and did I mention our waitress was RUDE. Total PMS-ing.

2 comments:

Mstic said...

true romantic dorks...it's ok....i'm probably the same with my gf :) and i do agree with you, if you can't make pad-thai right, the restaurant will suck =D

Christina :) said...

i havent cooked in a year... prob since our cooking nights. but then again i still get home-cooked meals. im up before dawn and i usually dont get home until well after sunset... i never worked out how to cook for one plus i abhor dishes and cleaning.