Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rockband and Wii

Having known that I've always had horrible hand and eye coordination when it came to video games (who else manages to go backwards in Super Mario Cart?), I also found out when playing Rockband for the first time that I had horrible hand-eye-feet coordination as well.

Jer's roommate Peter has Rockband so one night when Kim came over for belated bday pizza, we busted it out and I played for the first time. Sigh, I needed a lot of saving at the beginning. Jerry would lose trying to save me, haha. But I was not entirely hopeless! We managed to finish a Garbage song and "When We Were Young" by The Killers. I look so awkward playing though, but at least I didn't suck at the end as much as I did at the beginning. I don't think I'm ever meant to be good at vid games. But it sure is fun to try!

I also got to play Wii for the first time and finally, I don't suck (as bad) at a video game!! It turns out that I am a pretty decent pitcher (I almost struck out the side before Jer's friend's toddler turned off the TV by mistake) and if I set up all the way to the right, I am a good bowler. Haha. Fun times. We played all the games: boxing, tennis, golf, baseball, bowling and it was really fun except I got Wii wrist. :( Oh well, at least I can cross something off my list!

3 comments:

Christina :) said...

I remember when we played video games on my computer in the dorms... you did a whole lot of screaming! It's funny to watch you sway with the game! I've got Super Mario Kart on my DS if you ever wanna race again! :)

Jeannie said...

Haha, that was fun times! I probably will still sway. Let's definitely play again!

David said...

Did you get to try all the instruments and sing? The drums are the hardest thing to play. If I ever get married again. I'm using rockband as the entertainment.