Friday, May 16, 2008

When Girlfriends > Boyfriends

One thing about having a sig other is that you don't see your gfs as often as you used to. Coupled with the fact that most of my other gfs have sig others and we are all very busy with work and school (and some of them are on East Coast), there are some stretches where I don't get to see my girlfriends for months at a time. Though nothing beats a face to face convo, the nice thing about phone/IM chat is that we can still keep in touch regardless of the distance. And I'm so appreciative of being able to still hang out/chat/call them because there are just some things that I can do with my girlfriends but not with the boyfriend:

1. Discussions about pads versus tampons versus cloth pads
2. Look up pics of Daniel Henney
3. Projections of proposals
4. Watch super duper cheesy chick flicks- he doesn't make me watch Die Hard 4, I don't make him watch Enchanted
5. Bach party and bridal shower!
6. Pedicures!

Surprisingly, there are some things I can do with the boyfriend that some girls can't do with their boyfriends:
1. Go shopping (homeboy's got a bit of fashion police in him)
2. Gossip (we love to dish the smack)
3. Watch sports (I think it's lame when girls pretend to be into sports just for their bf)
4. Share clothes (well okay this only goes one way, he can't obviously fit into any of my clothes)

Anything to add to either list?

No comments: