I decided that it was time I tried a real project instead of just running some fabric back and forth at random, haha. So I googled "easy coin purse" and splityarn's awesome tutorial came up.
As a novice, this was a very simple pattern for me- easy to follow and nothing fancy. As you can tell from the collage I pretty much followed her instructions to the T. But instead of a snap enclosure I did a button one (since my Kenmore has that nifty option). Word to the wise: read the manual carefully! Careless me used the buttonHOLER to try to sew the button...but duh of course I ended up cracking and breaking the button! Jer told me to read the guide more carefully so then I finally figure out how to make buttonholes. I was too tired to figure out how to use the button option so I did it by hand. Next time I would probably use more durable material too. This material was a bit thin but I love the pattern/contrast!

I think I need to do some more easy projects before I move to the harder patterns in my queue. Any suggestions, people?
1 comment:
Make quilt! :P
Post a Comment