Sunday, May 6, 2007

Phoenix Inn, Alhambra


I rarely ever bother to take pictures of food at the Chinese restaurants I go to because the cuisine doesn't really seem that special. Noodle House is an exception because it's northern Chinese food. I've been to many places for your typical Chinese food-fare but those places don't really stand out. But this was my second time at Phoenix Inn and I really enjoyed it. Heehee, and as you can tell from the picture, so did my grandma.


Broccoli and shrimp- the shrimps were succulent and the broccoli was perfectly cooked. I hate chewy broccoli.


Peking pork chop- I always get the option with the bone. I don't really like the breaded stuff. Really tender, but missing the kick that accompanies the dish when cooked with bell pepper, onions, and pineapple. (None this time, weird)


Clams stir fried in black bean sauce- I don't really think you can screw up this dish. I've had it a zillion times at other restaurants and it tastes the same each time.


Fried tofu- My favorite! I love the delicate crunch of the outside and the soft and tender tofu inside. Mmm!

Phoenix Inn
208 Valley Blvd
Alhambra, CA 91801
626-299-1238
Park in front of the restaurant, or park in the lot off Chapel (behind the bank)
Phoenix Bakery is right next door. I've been there a million times...kind of tired of the place. But if your sweet tooth beckons afterwards, just go next door!
I wouldn't go next weekend. It's gonna be super crowded due to Mother's Day. I actually took my family out today to celebrate b/c we definitely didn't want to deal with the crowds next weekend!

3 comments:

Regina said...

Mmm...I wanna try the Peking pork chop!

Tabitha said...

Fred is ADDICTED to phoenix bakery! Aside from their desert, the food is most definitely yummy - I miss their chicken =)

Tabitha said...

oh, and how do you add a music bar to blogger?? help appreciated =)