Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Bayou Grille, Inglewood

Geez, with the frequency that I've dined out lately (5 times out of the past 6 days- which is often for me because I prefer homecooked meals) you'd think that I'd be gaining weight and losing money. But luckily, neither has happened...yet! I think it's because I employ frugal/sensible tactics when I eat out. I like to split dishes or eat family style. I maintain an equal balance between being treated and treating others. I try order just enough; since I don't like wasting food I always feel obligated to clean my plate. I also try to eat healthy when I'm dining out, but I don't deny myself high caloric foods either, esp if that's the restaurant's specialty. That said, here is my review of some deep fried Cajun/Creole goodness from Bayou Grille!


Evil twin sister and I shared the catfish/red snapper seafood platter. The first handful bites of the fried fish were yummy but after a while I felt too hot to eat fried foods. (It was 90+ degrees yesterday!) Luckily my coworkers were able to help us finish most of it. There was a spicy-ish and flavorful mayo dip that came with our order- that went well with the fried seafood.
The coleslaw was the bomb! It tasted so fresh and yummy. I usually don't like coleslaw because my stomach feels heavy if I eat food that is heavy on mayo. But I definitely want to come back here just for the coleslaw. The potato salad was not too shabby either. The house salad also stood out to us because you could tell that the lettuce/tomatoes were freshly cut, and not from some pre-washed mix.


The menu catered to everyone's whim. I got to try bites of a shrimp po' boy sandwich, and some fried shrimp and oyster. I think I prefer raw oysters. When oysters are fried, it kills the fresh/salty delicate flavor of oysters that I enjoy so much.


The cakes were supermoist moist but not flavorful AT ALL. On the left is a pineapple/rum/coconut cake, on the right is red velvet. They went cheap-o on the cream cheese, grrr! We still like Phillips BBQ for red velvet cake. I would not get cake here. GET COLESLAW INSTEAD.


Bayou Grille
1400 N. La Brea Ave
Inglewood, CA 90302
310-673-0824
I found this review online. I think I want to try the gumbo, po' boy sandwiches, and crawfish special when I come back. In the meantime, I think we are going to hit up The Crab Pit next! We're all drooling over the prospect of the advertised "world famous" lemon ice box pie.

1 comment:

Regina said...

Anything fried tastes delish!