Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wa-tah, gimme some wa-tah!

One good thing that I almost always ensure myself is plenty of water everyday. In fact, I am so used to drinking water that I can tell if my body is "thirsty" if I don't drink a lot that day. That's how much my body is used to it. But how much is enough?

Many people say that 8 eight ounce glasses is standard. Others say you should listen to your body and just drink when you feel like it. There is prolly no exact formula for how much and often you should hydrate yourself. This is because everyone has different body types, lifestyles, and diets.

However, I've found a formula that works for me. I forgot what website I got this from, but it recommends that you oughta drink half your weight in ounces. I haven't weighed myself in a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm btwn 110-115. That means I gotta drink btwn 55-57.5 ounces of water per day. That's pretty do-able! My boss got me this nifty Nalgene bottle for my birfday but I never used it b/c it's freaking bulky. But it holds 32 ounces so all I have to do is chug down two of those a day, and I've more than filled my quota.

I think once I get back to working out more frequently I will increase my water intake, but for now I'm happy that I'm able to maintain and do something good for my body. :)

For more information, check out this article!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me likee wa-tah tooooooooo~~~






now only if i like writing papers that much too... life would be... heavenly

Susan said...

I have a twin commenting on this site! Susans unite!

OOh, but Jeannie, props to you for drinking all that water. I find that it's pretty easy for me too...only becasue I have to drink so much hot water/tea to stay warm in my ice chest of an office!