Now bear with me- this isn't what you'd picture a sunset to be right? Well to be honest, I didn't make it out to take a sunset picture today. I could have, but I felt like being lazy and decided to watch a bunch of Nikita episodes. Instead, this is a picture of a meeting turned retirement celebration (most of us had no idea when we showed up!) for a colleague who had held her position for 16 years. (16 years doesn't sound like a long time, but she was active and working since at least the 60s!) Complete with a slideshow, beautiful flowers, cake and speeches, it was a very lovely tribute to her career and contributions to our field.
The way I see it, sunset doesn't mean that the day is over- it merely means that the night is young and that there is still plenty of time to enjoy life. And that's how I see retirement- it's not a goodbye, but an opportunity to still enjoy what lies ahead! :)
For more info on the June Photography Challenge, visit here.

No comments:
Post a Comment