Sunday, October 31, 2010

La Espanola picnic @ Angels Gate Park

One of these days, I'm going to attempt to make paella, so over the weekend we headed out to La Espanola for some ingredients.
A really random place for this shop to be at!
Cured meats in the background
Spices- I picked up paprika and saffron
Samples galore
Not listed- paella on Saturdays only (you are sposed to call on Friday to put in a reservation,
but a few other customers and I just walked in and asked for it)
Imported goods- I also picked up some medium grain rice and piquillo peppers
More imported goods

Seafood and chicken paella- tasted very homey!
My house bocadillo
Orange soda
It was a beautiful...
but a very windy day!
Jer's bocadillo- I think the ham was imported. 
It was VERY salty
View of PV
Some artillery thingy
We picnicked down there
Korean Friendship Bell
People get married here!
Korean totem poles?
I'm glad I got to explore a different part of LA.  It was a nice way to spend a meal.  We were too lazy to pick up clams on the way home, so paella making will have to wait for the time being! 

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

I love the colors. Your pictures are so vibrant! For once, you actually have a few people pictures too. Good to see. Hope you post more soon. Take lots in Death Valley.