Anyone who utilizes social networks might have had shoved down their throats, errr I mean noticed, that all of a sudden their friends or acquaintances are Giants fans (and if you're in Texas, then Ranger fans). While I'm all for hometown pride and cheering on your team, I can't help but feel a bit dubious of the so-called "support." Band-wagoners and fair-weather fans are fine if they acknowledge themselves as so, but I've got people pretending that they are die-hard true "fans." (They are usually girls who are trying to look "sportsy" in front of other people.) I honestly don't think that watching 10 games in 20 days during the NLDS and NLCS qualifies you as die-hard. Where were all these "fans" when the season started? When their team was playing under .500 for June and August? Where have these "fans" been since 2002? I'll tell you- they weren't really giving a crap!
And I don't give a crap either when they write on their Facebook wall what happens every half inning. Which is why I blocked them before the World Series started! If I wanted to know what the score was...I'd be watching.
And don't even get me started on Laker "fans." They're the worst!
Do you ever block people with Facebook diarrhea for this or other reasons?
No comments:
Post a Comment