Saturday, November 24, 2007

Tito's Market


Ah, yet another hidden gem in good 'ole ghetto El Monte. I can't believe I've driven past this place hundreds of times in the last 15 years and have never gone. But ppl from San Jose know about this place? Susan says that we'd get food for International Day in HS from here but I don't remember! My infamous tunnel vision at work here.
Tito's Market is basically a deli counter with some Argentinian groceries on the side.

There are SO many choices.
Per Wandering Chopsticks' recommendation, I tried the New York Steak Sandwich.

I asked for chile but it wasn't spicy enough! So we added jalepenos.

Oooh, it kicked in later, I downed my jamaica!

Not the very best that I've ever had...but still pretty good for $3.79

The pastrami sandwich- pastrami is always good! Look at the grease.
Okay...the best part...

Empanada!!!! Con res (with beef) $1.19

So yummy...with a chopped hard boiled egg and a whole olive inside. I'm gonna go get me another empanada next weekend, and one for Ann too! I also want to try the wings, seasoned fries, and ribs. And everything else on the menu.

Random groceries

Eww...banana split?

Snacks. I've never seen Argentinian groceries before. They like to use ppl on their packaging, as opposed to Asian snacks which use cute cartoons.

Tito's Market
9814 Garvey Ave
El Monte, CA 91733
626.579.1893

EMPANADA!!!

1 comment:

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Hehe. What do you expect for $3.79. I go for the empanadas. :)