Spam musubi is one of my favorite foods of all time. But I only like it once in a great while...otherwise I get sick of it!
Best places for spam musubi
1. 7-11 in Hawai'i (I also like the portuguese sausage and egg!)
2. Bruddahs in Gardena
3. My kitchen
Seaweed made for sushi, musubi mold, mirin (Japanese cooking wine), furikake (Japanese dry condiment) sushi rice, and spam
Simmer the spam in the mirin (let the mirin boil down at low heat, then add spam). A little bit of mirin goes a long way.
Cook rice and then put in mold over saran wrap
Sprinkle furikake
Add spam and press down
Toast seaweed in pan
Remove mold and add seaweed
Wrap and remove saran wrap
It was kind of hard and awkward to do it this way, so we got smart and put the seaweed down first
This way was definitely easier!
They disappeared pretty fast. :)
We used one container of spam and cut it into 10 slices. We used 5 sheets of seaweed and I made around 3 cups of rice. It worked out perfectly!
No comments:
Post a Comment