Friday, September 14, 2012

An Update via Brain Farts

We've been back for almost 2 months now. How time flies! We've been chipping (and often jack-hammering) away at our to-do list for this house and we're really getting there. Here goes some randomness:



I couldn't get Jerry to wear a grey suit for our wedding (he felt very strongly about a traditional black tux) and so the next best thing was a grey sofa. Just kidding. Nah, but I really love the look of grey linen. It's the prefect backdrop for pops of color! I am just really happy we don't have that bachelor style leather couch anymore, it was comfy, but only two people could sit on it really. Our new sofa/chaise seats 4 people comfortably, all the better for entertaining! This is Ikea Karlstad in isunda gray FYI.

Almost caught up with all my favorite TV shows (Glee, HIMYM, Nikita, Up All Night, Modern Family, New Girl, Hart of Dixie, House of Lies), and currently finishing up Covert Affairs, Revenge, Keeping up with the Kardashians, Fringe, Pretty Little Liars and Downton Abbey.

It's fun watching bad reality shows with Jerry because we like to make fun of the celebs such as the Kardashians so much. For example, every time we hear Rob say "my sock line" we roll our eyes and laugh together haha!

We're attending two kiddo birthday parties this weekend for our nephews and niece. It definitely feels good to get my craft back on, even if its a small thing like adding some jazz to their gift wrap. I busted out my Silhouette Cameo to cut the "J" and the 6, and used my cuttlebug to emboss a paint chip.

I still have not uploaded our travel pictures to my laptop. So bad, I know! Must do it soon! In the midst of all our unpacking I actually forgot where I put the SD cards, but today when I was organizing I found them again.


In the quest to discover good eats up here, I tried Bambu. Jerry's usual drink of green tea with boba (he ONLY gets this drink, a creature of habit!) was standard (nothing will compare to our beloved Half and Half!). I discovered a drink that had all my favorite things- basil seed, longan, coconut meat, and pandan jelly.  Mmm! It's reminds me of different che components that I love, but more slurp-able I guess?

I don't know what's up with me, but after months of zero canker sores, I had 3 pop up overnight today! My poor mouth. Last month I also had a blood vessel burst in my eye and it was the scariest thing that I had ever seen, I was so freaked out! Luckily, it's painless and harmless and my eye cleared up in about 10 days. It was still so ugly though. If you're morbidly curious, google subconjunctival hemorrhage, but do so at your own risk! It's not pretty!

I am obsessed with the song Good Time by Owl City/Carly Rae Jepson. I'm gonna create a road trip CD...or iPhone playlist and that's gonna be the first song. It puts me in the best mood!

The nice thing about being back home is I can get fun snail mail! I started subscribing to Popsugar's monthly boxes, and am loving the surprises I get each month. I like Popsugar more so than Birchbox, Glambox, etc because I'm not a huge beauty junkie and would prefer to get personal/house related items. My August bag was especially awesome! You can visit Popsugar's site for a full list of the items they've given out, but my personal favorites have been the Baggu bag, the Pop Physique workout DVD (I no long live close to a Bar Method, boo), and the Kind Bars they gave out last month. Jerry really likes the Pretzel Crisps.  Please click on my referral link if you're interested in joining!

Fun coincidences last month- my friend C had her baby K on my birthday! Yay birthday twin :) And our puppy, Mochi, was born the day after. 


So excited to meet baby K next week when we come down to LA, and to bring Mochi home in October!

Now that we're more settled hopefully I can post more often! I've missed blogging!

1 comment:

Christina :) said...

I've missed your posts! I don't know why but I was really excited to read this one. Maybe you noticed since I was too impatient to post my thoughts on here first. :p