We celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday! Since we officially started living in the bay area 2 months ago, we've actually only been to "the city" aka San Francisco once for dinner. We didn't even get to walk around that time, just to the car and back. So instead of spending another day unpacking/working on the house, we hopped into the car and settled back to our touristy ways for the day. It was an amazing anniversary filled with great eats, mini adventures, and easy conversation.
First stop: Ike's Place in Castro. Dutch crunch bread with special sauce, can't lose combo!
Then we headed to Blue Bottle Coffee in Hayes Valley where I picked up a latte and a snickerdoodle. There's a crafty reason why I picked the location at Hayes Valley- that'll be for another post!
Next, we headed to Fort Mason to fly a kite. Someday I want to bike across the Golden Gate Bridge!
In LA it was always a struggle to find a non-beach location for kite flying. Not a problem at all in SF!
Next, Jerry had never driven down Lombard Street (the crooked street) so of course we had to do that! It was such a gorgeous clear day. We also went to Coit Tower, which I had never been to. Since it was a weekday, we were able to drive all the way up and park at the top.
We killed an hour before dinner in Japantown, an area that was also new to me. Walked around the shops and browsed in one of the bookstores, where we stumbled upon this book. Shiba! Cute!
Finally for dinner, we headed to Zuni Cafe. Many people have been raving about their roasted chicken bread salad dish for years now, so it was on my must-eat list. To enjoy this salad, you have to prepare yourself to wait an hour before the dish comes out. So I'd recommend getting seated an hour before you're actually hungry, and ordering this salad as soon as you sit down. Then, order the shoestring fries to munch on during that hour. If we weren't going oyster shucking next week, we probably would have ordered some raw oysters as well, but we decided to hold out.
Did it live up to its hype? I'd definitely say so! The portion was huge, it could feed 3 people easily with leftovers! The chicken was perfectly roasted, juicy, and not salty at all. The bread that they toss with this salad soaks up the yummy chicken juices and is a great accompaniment.
Finally, to top off our day, we had ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery. I went for toasted coconut (I cannot resist a coconut option when I see one!) and dark chocolate for pure indulgence. Mmm!
I couldn't ask for a better day or a better partner to share it with. We turned our lives upside down earlier this year by quitting our jobs, moving out of LA, and traveling the world, and we're looking forward for the next set of adventures that year #3 will bring.










2 comments:
Dang ittttttt. Now I want french fries!
Congratulations on your anniversary! Sounds like a lovely time! :)
Happy anniversary. Looks like you guys always know how to enjoy each other's company.
Post a Comment