The past week (starting from last Friday) was one of the roughest work weeks I've had in a long time. Generally I'll have to put out fires at work every now and then but overall, I can handle any problems that come my way just fine. Plus, I am generally prepared enough that we don't get overwhelmed too often. But the last 5 work days were especially rough (and not to mention...I had to work both Saturday and Sunday last weekend as well!). There was so much stress and drama and it came in waves and waves. And. Would. Not. End. Technological snafus, late (and also lack of) document submissions, snippy correspondance that left me in a bad mood, people showing up 30 minutes late and 24 hours early for trainings...you name it, I encountered some form of it. Oh, and I also got sick yesterday- I sneezed all day, got the sniffles, and then alternately felt hot and cold at the same time (after some Tylenol and a good night's sleep I'm better this morning). Many of the things were out of my control, but there was an instance where I messed up in a major way and I only had myself to blame- amidst the frenzy I took a short break to scarf down my lunch, and was mid-drink of water when I decided to set down my water to do something really quick. And in that instance, my elbow knocked my bottle and I splashed water everywhere on my desk...including my supervisor's laptop. Yes, there's water damage. I offered to help in anyway I can. And finally, a week later, I've stopped feeling guilty about it. I mean...what's done is done right?
Thankfully today seems to be a quiet and drama free day. The only real decision I have to make is what I want for lunch. Later this afternoon I have a 3pm off-site meeting and that's about it. (I know...who calls a 3pm meeting on a Friday right? But such is the nature of my job.) I hope the rest of Sept will be more or less drama free. It will still be crazy...I've got meetings from one corner of the County to the other (including Claremont and Palmdale...yes, PALMDALE!) and one more huge training to go.
I guess this is good preparation for when we have kids...cus we will probably encounter tons of craziness then. :)
1 comment:
I'm sure your immune system is highly affected by your stress level. Hoping things go better this week! :)
Post a Comment