I didn't watch much TV growing up or while in college, but I certainly make up for it now. There's nothing like a good sitcom or drama to look forward to after a long day of work.
Here's what I'm watching this season and my impressions so far:
Mondays: How I Met Your Mother, 2 Broke Girls, Hart of Dixie. I'm so behind on Gossip Girl (about 1.5 seasons behind) that I just completely stopped watching all together. I'm the kind of anal person that can't watch most shows out of order. However, I read a lot of gossip sites so I kind of know what's going on with a lot of shows.
HIMYM- they brought back Victoria!! But it was so brief. :( I've been rooting for her to be the mother all these years.
2 Broke Girls- It's kind of raunchy for 8:30pm, but over all, it's alright. I like Kat Dennings.
Hart of Dixie- I can't believe how many stereotypes there were in the pilot, but I like Rachel Bilson so I'll keep watching.
Tuesdays: Glee, Ringer, New Girl, Rachel Zoe Project, Covert Affairs (season 2, part 2, starting in Nov). I've been meaning to get into Raising Hope and Parenthood but haven't gotten a chance.
Glee is glee...I don't know how to explain it, but its just not must see TV anymore for me. Now I'll go a few days or a week before I get to it. (I have been working very late the last couple Tuesday nights, so that's partly why I don't catch first airings anyway.)
Ringer- I'm a fan of SMG so I'll watch anything with her. The show can be a mixed bag, but I don't mind how cheesy it is!
New Girl- it conflicts with Ringer so I watch it online later on Wednesdays in between Up All Night and Modern Family. I love, love this show. At first I thought that Zooey Deschanel might end up being a little too much...hipster, but its just the right amount of her craziness combined with the other guys. I'm sad Damon Wayans Jr. was only one there for one episode though! Loved his "Coach" character.
You already know about my love for Covert Affairs. I want to get into the other shows on USA such as Psych, Burn Notice and White Collar, but I haven't had time! I usually put on Rachel Zoe on the weekends when I'm washing dishes or doing chores.
Wednesdays: Up All Night, Modern Family, Revenge.
I totally love Up All Night. I think it's a really great show that's well done. While I think Maya Rudolph's character Ava can be over the top, I think the interactions between Will Arnett and Christina Applegate are great. I actually really identified with episode 3's storyline of changing straight into bummy clothes after coming home from work. Totally hits home.
Modern Family. I'm glad they replaced Lily! I like the new kid.
Revenge- I've been a fan of Emily Van Camp since Everwood and am glad she got her own show. I think she has the chops to carry it off. I really like this show as well.
Thursdays: Project Runway, Jersey Shore. Normally I would watch The Office, Grey's Anatomy, and Big Bang Theory, Community, and Parks and Recreation, but I'm just so behind. We watch PR and JS on the weekends, also while just doing chores around the house or maybe during breakfast.
Project Runway is good, but I think I want this season to be over so we can get to All Stars already. Sometimes I will skip past the middle of the episode and just watch the intro and then the runway show/judging. The drama in between gets annoying.
Old habits die hard when it comes to Jersey Shore- we loved this show season 1, but now we just go through the motions of watching it. There's some funny moments, but its just not the same when they weren't famous. If this show goes away now, I probably wouldn't miss it.
Fridays: Nikita, Fringe.
I love Nikita! Jerry thinks its dumb haha.
I spent all summer trying to catch up with Fringe, but I'm still a season behind. There's not enough time, ever!
Sundays: Pan Am, The Good Wife
Pan Am is alright...a bit soapy, but I'm obsessed with travel related stuff so I like it. I'm a season behind The Good Wife, must catch up!
Shows I gave a try but already know that I won't be following this season: Charlie's Angels (the acting is REALLY bad) and Happy Endings (I watched this for Damon Wayans Jr, but I just couldn't get into the show.) Amazing Race is another show- I used to love it...but we just stopped watching for some reason.
Shows that I have never watched but want to:
Friday Night Lights, Mad Men, Lost.
I think I watch way too much TV, but I can't help it! But oh well...I'll take advantage of it now while we don't have kids. :) What's on your must watch list?
No comments:
Post a Comment