Saturday, April 2, 2011

11 for 2011: Go to a Sporting Event

A little over a week ago, Jerry and I attended the Kings vs. Sharks game at Staples, thanks to Groupon.  Have I mentioned how much I love Groupon?  Cus we paid 33 bucks for a 200 level seat.  No fees.  This is where we ended up sitting instead:
I generally hate buying tickets online because you get hit with all sorts of fees.  Sometimes the Ticketmaster or Live Nation fees end up costing more than the actual ticket itself!  I think that happened with my old roomie C with a concert in Irvine?  C- correct me if I'm wrong?  Anyways, so I was verrrrrry pleased to find that Groupon didn't stack any additional fees, AND we got upgraded to section 106, row 6!  In lieu of seats, rows 1-3 were basically an open space for video/photographers, so we were technically in row 4, even better!  Despite all their equipment, the vid/photogs were never really in our way. 

To give you some background, this was Jerry's first hockey game, and my second.  I also attended a Kings vs. Sharks game back in 2003 with a college pal.  No those were not our seats, haha.  We got there so early that we were able to come all the way down to watch warm ups.  Our seats were actually in the 300s, nosebleeds.  Come to think of it, I paid around 30 bucks then, too! 
Teemuuuuuuu when he was a Shark. 
 
Our actual seats back in 03.  Jerry, you were spoiled this time!
To give you even more background, I was a pretty die hard hockey fan in high school, despite having never been to a game then and not having cable at home.  Nope, I followed my teams the old fashioned way...via radio.  Here's some blasts from the past:
Yep, I was so excited that I would write a play-by-play in my high school diary.  Fun times.
Okay back to the present.  So it was a really fun game, the scoring was back and forth, and lots of exciting goals, including a Sharks goal that tied the game with literally 3 seconds to go!  Jerry was so excited.  Here are some pictures, enjoy!
 
The only annoying thing was this couple that sat right in front of me that had major PDA.  Tongue, saliva, and all.  I was relieved that during the second period, it turned out they were so stupid that they sat in the wrong seats, so they ended up moving to their actual seats to make out there.
Who drank more beer during the game?  Hehe.
It was a fantastic way to spend a Thursday night, and I don't think we'll get as good of a deal ever again, with a great overtime/shoot-out game to boot.  Now excuse me while I go write in my diary.

Just kidding...blogger is my diary now. :)

3 down, 8 to go

1 comment:

Cindy said...

YAY Sharks! Yay hockey games! I still have to get my husband to one, he can't stand hockey.