Monday, February 21, 2011

When His Pet Butterfly Betrayed Him and Sold His House, Billy Wept

Went to a friend's birthday party and learned this new game- it's a hybrid of Telephone and Pictionary.  I laughed so hard that I had tears coming out of my eyes.  My tummy was sore from all the belly laughs!


Basically everyone gets the same number of papers as players.  You number them.  Each person writes down a phrase- could be a sentence or a single word.  Then everyone hands their entire stack to the person either clockwise or counterclockwise.  The next person interprets the phase with the drawing, places the first page with the original phrase to the bottom of the stack, and hands the stack to the next person.  The 3rd person then has to interpret the drawing by writing down a phrase.  The game keeps going until the stacks go through all the players.


As you can see, the more "unique" the phrase, the more belly laughs!  We had some unoriginal phrases such as "Sleeping Beauty" and "The Big Fish Eat The Little Fish" which were pretty easy to draw/interpret.  This is a wonderful idea for an icebreaker/party game at your next gathering/meeting, esp if people don't know each other that well or you have limited space.  I seriously want to throw another get-together so I can play this game again. :)

2 comments:

Yumeko said...

this looks like a fun game!
will try it one day

Nancy said...

i LOVE this game!!! We played once w/ Mike's family... there was like 5 of us playing and 3 of us (for some odd reason) all had eye of the tiger! Imagine having to interpret/draw that over and over again...yeah, I was confused. We must have all been listening to the same song that day!