Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Forever Home: Doggies

Before I fill your computer screen with cuteness:

I had an especially tough week at work.  Even though it was a 4 day work week, the to-do pile was so high that I remotely logged in on Monday to catch up.  (I generally try to leave work at work...but sometimes I just can't.)  Then I had to travel to San Jose on Tuesday/Wednesday for a conference.  I don't do much traveling for my job, so I was looking forward to it since it meant that I was able to squeeze in a quick dinner with my in-laws.  The conference was exciting but draining at the same time.  Afterward, my brain found it hard to process anything, even some light and fluffy blogs and gossip pages felt like too much effort to read.  I had back to back to back calls, webinars and mtgs on Thurs, so I fell behind again.  Friday was my catch-up day...but no matter what I crossed off my list, there were 2 other things to replace them.  Okay I'm done whining. :)  It was just one of those weeks where my brain got so fried that I couldn't even find enjoyment in watching TV or reading fun things on the internet.  Luckily this weekend has been filled with lots of fun so far and after a two great nights of sleep in a row, I should be mentally refreshed and ready for the first week of March.  Okay, back to the regularly scheduled program, doggies!

Jerry and I have dog fever.  We want dog(s) so badly but we know that our condo isn't really suited for pets.  Except I guess cats, but we're not cat people, and I'm allergic anyway.  Our neighbors have dogs of all sizes, but they seem so cooped up and unhappy.  So we agreed that we'd seriously look into it once we moved into our forever home.  Here are some cute options:

I want a Shiba Inu!  This breed first came to my attention when this story about a smiling shiba inu and this other story about the shiba inu puppy cam both went viral.  I'm gonna call him/her Mochi.  (Yes, not only do I already have our childrens' names picked out, I also have picked out dog names.  Totally on top of irreverent things.)

Jerry wants a red Labrador retriever.   I thought the name "Azuki" aka red bean would be cute, but Jerry thinks that dog names should be limited to 1 or 2 syllables.  Yes, I realize that I'm choosing puppy monikers based after food.  This probably stems from college when my old roommates and I named our fish Sushi.  (N, remember that!?!)

Husky!!!  I heart huskies.  They are so fluffy and cute.  A guy in our complex had a husky, and every time we'd go for a late night run, we'd crane our necks to catch a glimpse of his husky that would be chilling on the balcony.  The husky owner moved, so no more glimpses...but I hope it was a move to a house with a nice big yard!  FYI- no Japanese cuisine inspired names yet for this husky. 

I am almost excited to have doggies as I am to have kids!  But ahhh...must be patient.

No comments: