It feels like this whole year has been one huge countdown and check off list. Both of those things have come with senses of accomplishments and many moments of "oh crap how I am ever going to get to K if I haven't done A, B, and C and do I even have time for X, Y, and Z??"
But with a work-week left to go (I measure my time in 5 and 2 day increments!) I feel like I'm finally in a good place both productively and mentally.
Productivity-wise, there's only a few things to be check off the list, and they're mostly things that we can't do until their proper time. It seems silly to wash our beverage dispensers too early cus dust will probably make their way back in anyway. I'm excited to do flowers (though it's an ambitious and daunting task), but that's not until Thursday. But the programs, favors, seating chart, table numbers/menu, games, gift bags, slideshow, guestbook, kiddie activities, bathroom basket, and all my other zillion DIY tasks are between 80-100ish percent done and just need to be executed. And the photobooth programming is finally done! We would have never been able to do it w/o my cousin. I'm so grateful he gave us so much of his time, software programming can seriously be a pain in the butt. I'm also thankful for my BMs. They have lent me so much from their knowledge, wedding items, advice, a sympathetic ear, to their time, etc, etc. This wedding is a joint effort and though it's our day, we share it with everyone else as well.
I also can't say enough about how much of a great team that Jerry and I have made in this process. We have grown stronger together in this year because we have had to make some very important decisions both logistically and fiscally. Jerry doesn't take me on romantical dates every week, or buys me "just because gifts", or tells me that he loves me on public forums (I don't think that's anyone's business anyway, and who really cares about someone else's love?). I can honestly say that instead, he has pitched 50% equally in planning and executing our wedding, and let's be frank, that's 45% more than what most grooms do. Most grooms just show up. And they get delegated to planning the honeymoon. Not him. And I would rather that he help me with planning weddings, changing diapers, and holding me when I'm old and arthritic because I think those things are the most romantic gestures of all. Every couple is different, and this is how we operate. And I'm glad he's on my team because I honestly can't imagine a more fitting and caring partner and "teammate." Oh and I guess he's my roomie for life!
Mentally- I've lost my shit a few times, but overall I've kept my cool when things don't go my way and have definitely savored moments when things do go my way :) This whole process has brought me many headaches and frustrations, and sometimes I forget that this day is about me and Jerry celebrating our love, and having our families merge together. It's easy to lose track of the big picture when you're bogged down with details. I haven't taken enough time to reflect and I'm a teeny bit sad because this coming week is going to fly by so quickly! I have to work half of this week so maybe if I find myself drifting off in meetings I'll do my reflecting then. :P I also wrote my vows 2 weeks ago and they were easily one of the most effortless tasks I had to do so far. While most of the wedding planning has been for our guests' enjoyment and entertainment, I wrote my vows directly for Jerry and I am SO very excited to say them!
Countdown wise- thanks to the knot.com and projectwedding.com, I've been alerted that it's one year, 6 months, a few months, 100 days, 99 days, a couple of months, a MONTH?!, a few weeks, a couple weeks, OMG 10 DAYS, yikes it's single digits now!, a week, and now a work-week left to go.
Someone pinch me now :)
No comments:
Post a Comment