I have a secret love affair with sandwiches. The banh mi will always have a special place in my heart...I mean....tummy...as my most favorite type of sandwich ever. However, the torta from Cook's Tortas in Monterey Park has now joined the shawarma and döner kebab I had in Germany, any sandwich with dirty sauce from Ike's Place in SF, the pastrami sandwich from Carnegie Deli in NYC (the first time with BM Nancy, not so much the second time with Jerry, don't know why), the media noche from Portos in Glendale, and the Godfather from Bay Cities Deli in SM as some of the best sandwiches I've ever had the pleasure of eating. I've had my share of Subway, Quiznos, and Togos (Italian, no cheese or onions, thanks!) and I've spread many a jar of peanut butter/Nutella/jam/mayo on vehicles such as country potato, whole wheat, Weber's white, whole grain, 12 grain, buttermilk, etc, but they pale in comparison. So, I leave it up to the experts. Enter Cook's Tortas.
The menu changes here and there. I believe some favorites are offered frequently if not everyday (until they run out, as you can see on the second column to the right).
Jerry got #10
I love me some aguas frescas! I hope the next time I come back they'll offer something with lime or watermelon. I read what other refreshments Yelpers have had in the past and it sounds yummy!
I have a teeny tiny complaint- my chorizo was slightly dry, could have used more of the white sauce. :( But other than that, I enjoyed the mojo-ish potato slices inside the sandwich and the bread was so yummy and chewy!
Cook's Tortas
1944 Atlantic Blvd
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(323) 278-3536
3 comments:
spicy. like Hella spicy.
Those are big sandwiches. I want to try!
I finally went and really liked it. I actually attempted going twice in one week, but it was after the gym and I got there just after they took their last order. No matter though, I will be back often!
Post a Comment