Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Love at First Slurp- JTYH Restaurant

What does JTYH stand for? No one knows. But if the owners are going to stick with the acronym-that-doesn't-make-sense theme, how about L@FS, or Love at First Slurp? For now, I remember it by "Just the Young Hos, courtesy of Louise at LA Food Blogging.


Celery appetizer. Crunchy, flavorful. What a great way to get my daily doses of veggies.


The dumplings are plump and juicy. They sell a bag of 50 frozen ones for about $15. I would have bought some but our freezer is completely full to capacity. I need a second fridge.


The star of the restaurant- Niu Rou Mian (beef noodle). This is the real deal- knife shaved noodles, flavorful broth and beef so tender it melts in your mouth. I wanted to lick the bowl when I was done. Oh wait, I did.

JTYH Restaurant
9425 Valley Blvd.
Rosemead, CA 91770
(626) 442-8999

And yes, Jonathon Gold has eaten here.

2 comments:

T.P. said...

I've been craving some wonton soup and your pic looks so yummy. I'll wait until the weather gets a little colder and heads this way.

Jerry said...

eh. I'm not a fan of JTYH. Nothing special, and the noodles don't have good texture. I like the heavily-processed uniform texture of store-bought Fun noodles.