Monday, October 26, 2009

2009 TV

TV is one of those things that can be highly useful but also a big fat waste of time.

Useful:
I increase my knowledge of pop culture (mundane and unintelligent as pop culture can be, it's needed in our society to communicate with others)
It makes me hungry (Top Chef), gives me sparks of creativity (Project Runway), and increases my thirst for travel (Amazing Race).
It gives me something to read about on the internet the next day (twop, tvsquad)
It is plain entertaining (Glee, HIMYM)
Some TV shows have nice eye candy (Demitri (FF), Pacey aka Peter (Fringe), the doctor from Survivor, Voltaggio brothers on Top Chef, etc)

Big fat waste of time:
I already spend too much time on the internet
I feel really numb and dumb if I spend the entire night watching TV
More but I'm lazy to write it out

I present to you the shows that have been clogging up the DVR and killing my brain cells:
Monday: How I Met Your Mother, Gossip Girl, Big Bang Theory
Tuesday: Hell's Kitchen (at least it finally ended!), The Good Wife, The Hills, The City, Deadliest Catch (will start up again soon)
Wednesday: Glee, Top Chef, Modern Family
Thursday: Flash Forward, The Office, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Project Runway
Friday: Numb3rs
Saturday: Usually reruns of Say Yes to the Dress
Sunday: The Amazing Race
There are probably more but I don't remember.

Luckily some shows are re-running already thanks to baseball so I'll be able to catch up on them in the next few weeks. I pretty much will watch one or two shows the night they air and the rest I catch up on weekends or re-run/bye nights.

What are your must-watch shows? Does anyone feel the same way that I do?

2 comments:

T.P. said...

I love the Amazing Race, but I never seem to catch it when I want to watch it.

I also love Modern Family, Top Chef, Project Runway and Grey's Anatomy but time is so limited. I just have to catch up when I have free time to spare.

Jerry said...

One of the shows I've grown to like is The Hills. Now that I know how Brody, Audrina, Kristin, and Jusin-Bobby all are intertwined it's somewhat interesting to watch. And it doesn't take much mental effort to watch it. Try watching The Hills followed by The Good Wife, and you get brain shock.